Now more than ever, businesses are using video advertising
in their marketing efforts.
But in order for it to be effective, you have to truly understand what it is and how to use it. No longer is it just slick ads, like those which would appear on TV, but more and more popular are ads that appear on YouTube, Facebook, and other online real estate. Sometimes, though, video advertising isn’t as straightforward as it seems. For example, today many people create high-interest informational videos that are really advertising
, but its hard to tell because it is so engaging to the viewer. The videos are actually meant to impart information, with the goal of selling what they have to offer within the context of educating you through video. Regardless of the forum you choose, it is important to understand the pros and cons to video advertising.
Advantages of Video Advertising
Believe it or not, video ads aren’t very expensive. You can pay for placement, but you can also just create and post the video yourself on YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter for viewing. Ask people to share it, and the only money you’re out is the money you spent in creating the video.
It Works across Platforms.
– If you place your ad on YouTube, it will work on any mobile device. If youve made sure your website is mobile friendly, it will work there, too. It will also work without any adjustments on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.
You Can See the Results Immediately
– You’ll be able to see the analytics of the video ad almost immediately in terms of views, click through, and more. You will be able to see where viewers are located, their demographics, and more.
You Can Reach Anywhere
– Your videos can be local in nature, but they can also be international without any tweaking. If you offer a good product or service, it will translate into almost any language.
Your Audience Keeps It with Them
– Your audience carries their mobile devices with them wherever they go, which means your video ads go with them, too. You will be able to reach more people in more intimate ways than ever before with video ads.
Disadvantages of Video Advertising
– Some people don’t watch the ads and will automatically click to skip one, which means that no one will see it if you do it as a display in video advertisement.
– If you release your potentially viral video on a day that something else is already going viral and you can’t compete, it may be a wasted effort. Choosing the right time to release your video is a key factor in making it work.
Lack of Confidence – The truth is, the biggest con of all is that people just don’t jump in and do it. Many think that you have to be a sophisticated actor or actress in order to deliver a great video. But the truth is that people crave authenticity. Embrace your mistakes and make light of them. Don’t strive for perfection because everyone loves real people being passionate more than slick actors trying to sell you something.
Video advertising is very lucrative. It is inexpensive, and, best of all, it works. You’ll get great results by adding video into your marketing mix – whether it is advertisements, marketing videos, or something else. Video gets results because people love videos, and as such they are more likely to watch it and share it,spreading the good news about your business everywhere.