If you’re spending money on trying to find new clients and not doing anything to nurture the relationship with your existing customers STOP. It is usually cheaper to keep them to continually hunt for new clients and ignore the ones you have. Building a loyalty is key, so we have put together 10 great tips on building customer loyalty that ultimately should lead to more business from people who already know you , like you and trust you.
1. Use Email to Stay in Touch – Turning your new customers into repeat customers is golden. Email marketing is a great way to keep the lines of communication open after the initial sale. It allows you to build relationships with them, which translate into more revenue.
2. Socialize with Your Customers – Billions of consumers use social media today; making it a great way for you to stay connected with your customers in a positive way. It allows for real-time consumer to business interaction on a consistent basis, which leads to more retention.
3. Provide Great Service – “Customer Service = Repeat Business.” Address concerns and problems promptly. Respond to and correct any issues that are uncovered with negative online reviews. Taking these measures will build confidence in the fact that you care about your customers.
4. Under-Promise & Over-Deliver – Not meeting your customers’ expectations can take a toll on your business. One way to prevent this is to exceed their expectations by delivering top-quality products and services. Above anything else, this is the foundation for repeat business.
5. Provide Valuable Content – Whether it’s via your blog, email, or social media platforms, provide your customers with content that can help them in some way. “How-To’s” & “Tips” content is ideal and will help your business stay top-of-mind when they need your type of product or service.
6. Make Them Feel Special – Making special offers that are only available to your customers makes it hard for them to resist doing business with you. Implementing simple strategies such as exclusive birthday offers or customer-only deals are powerful for generating repeat business.
7. Setup Loyalty & Rewards Programs – Giving your customers discounts based on the amount of business they do with you is a great way to increase retention and profits. You can offer deals such as “buy 5, get 1 free,” “get 10% off for every $50 spent,” and more. Punch cards are popular for these types of loyalty programs.
8. Show Your Appreciation – It’s the little things that count. Let your customers know that you appreciate their business with a simple “thank you” from time to time. You can do this via digital methods such as social media, email, or video. Also thank them in person whenever possible.
9. Ask for Feedback & Opinions – Getting input from your customers lets them know that their opinions matter and that you really do have their best interest at heart. Customer surveys are a great way to accomplish this goal, which ultimately strengthen customer loyalty levels.
10. Keep Employees Happy – Your employees are the forefront of your business and if they’re unhappy, it will spill over into how they treat your customers. In other words, an unhappy employee could cause you to lose business no matter how great your products and services are.
If you want to know about installing a customer loyalty program in your business contact us today!