Every business today needs online content
to help market and promote the business. The best way to do this is to ensure that you have a plan for your writing based on the products and services that you offer. Once you set up an editorial calendar it will help you come up with content on a regular basis.
Here are several ways that you can save money on content
Hire a Writer
– That might sound like you’re spending and not saving, but a good content writer can be a life saver. If it takes you an hour to write one blog post, and you could earn more doing other work during that hour, it only makes sense to let a writer do it for you.
Buy and Use PLR
– Private label rights articles are very useful to use and very inexpensive. If you choose well, you can use PLR for a lot of your content. When you use PLR it’s important to update it and change it around to make it your own first, but that will take minutes to do.
Write It Yourself
– If you think you can’t write, you’re wrong. If you know a topic well, you can write about it. Just write how you talk, and act like you’re just telling someone who would be interested the information. In fact, using voice to text on your computer might help you.
Repurpose What You Have
– Every piece of content you create can be used again; you will just need to change it up a little bit to use it in other places. You can use a blog post in a newsletter, compile them together into a book and more.
Refresh and Update What You Have
– This is a little different than re-purposing in that you will take older content that has what is now wrong advice, due to changing technology and so forth. Updating it will make it new again.
– In addition to your own content it’s important to tell your audience about other people’s content by curating content. The way that works is that you find excellent content that would be of interest to your audience, write a short blurb about it, add in your thoughts and link to the content.
Make the Most of the Content You Have
– When you already have content, you can make the most of it. Turn a blog post into a video. Turn a data-centric blog post into an infographic, turn several newsletters into an eBook – if you keep a plan in place it will see as if the content you have multiplies.
Mix It Up
– As mentioned, creating different types and forms of content is really a great way to expand how much content you have. A newsletter becomes an eBook; a blog post becomes a video and so forth. Use many types of content to keep your audience’s interest.
Promote Your Content
– Promote each and every piece of content that you spend time creating. If you aren’t willing to promote it, then it’s probably not that good.
Creating content is one of the best ways to market your business inexpensively. Saving money on the content that you create is essential because you need so much to stay in the game today. But, it doesn’t have to break the bank to be effective.