Google+ is not the place to put advertisements and marketing information. Instead it’s a place to get to know people, let them get to know you, and post the things that are interesting, informative, interactive and inspirational. You want people to see what you have to say, make you part of their circles and come to your Google Hangouts.
8 Ways You Should be Using Google+
1. Use Buttons and Badges – There are several badge types and buttons that you can grab the code for to help people find you from other online properties, but there are also buttons and badges you can use within Google+ that can assist with people finding your Google Hangout and other activities. Follow the rules of Google badges and buttons for proper use.
2. Get Verified – Google allows you to verify your business, yourself and your profiles. Be sure to do the process. The extra steps are an excellent way to build trust with others. After all, your focus is on building an audience of followers who want to get to know you better. If you’re not verifiably you, it won’t work as well.
3. Post Enough – Google+ is not Twitter, or Facebook. You don’t need a continuous stream of posts. Post things that are thoughtful, smart, informative and engaging two or three times a day unless one thing you post causes a lot of stir, in which case focus on that one for that day.
4. Identify and Engage Influencers – Use the tools that Google+ has developed such as Ripples, Search and Explore. When someone pluses up one of your posts, you can use the Explore link to find out more about them and Ripples to find out how far, and who else has shared your post, and who with. These are likely new people that you can add to your circles.
5. Add a Google+ Link to Your Website – Seems like a no-brainer but you must put your Google+ link on your website and other social media. Cross-promoting is the best way to get people to follow you because some people prefer one type of social media over another.
6. Interact with Others – Don’t just plus things; also comment, discuss, and find ways to interact with others on Google. When you do that, they’re likely to add you to their circles faster, building your following and an audience quickly.
7. Promote Other People’s Posts – It’s important that if you see a post someone made that fits your audiences, you comment on it and share it. Starting the sharing will help others want to do the same for the things you share.
8. Use Google Hangouts – You want to collaborate, communicate and discus with like-minded people on Google Hangouts. This is an excellent way to build a following and an audience who is ready to watch you and interact with you. Hold regular round table discussion with other colleagues live on Google Hangout so that the public can watch.
Google+ is very useful to help you get more traffic to your website, as well as help you accumulate a fast-growing group of followers who will interact with you. Yes, eventually they will find their way to your sales pages, and buy from you too. But, being more interested in building relationships on this social media platform is the best way to go about it.