The challenge of getting people who may not know of your product or service (and in some cases don’t even care about it) to become interested is often shrouded in a degree of mystery. We have put together a great list of 10 lead generation tips, but they are extremely actionable as well.
Here are the 10 Lead Generation tips again (written out):
- Do Your Research – Before you even attempt to generate new leads online, do your research to get specific details on your target audience. Who are they? What are they searching for online? How are they conducting these searches? This will help you create an effective keyword strategy to capture these leads.
- Use Paid Online Advertising – Pay-per-click online ads are a great way to drive highly-targeted traffic to your website quicker than SEO. With a set monthly budget and some solid keywords, you can capture specific leads who are looking for your exact products or services in the area.
- Connect with Prospects on Social Media – More and more people are using social media to interact with local businesses in their area. If your target audience is spending time on sites such as Facebook, Twitter, or
- Build a Targeted Email List – Inviting your target audience to subscribe to your email list is one of the easiest ways to generate new leads. Give away something of value in exchange for their email addresses so you can easily follow-up with them; this is a great way to build relationships so they can get to know you better.
- Improve Search Engine Visibility (SEO) – Most consumers go to the search engines to look for local products and services. Your website needs to show up high in the results in order to capture these hot leads who are actively searching for what you offer.
- Optimize Your Local Listings – Local listings, such as Google My Business, Yahoo Local, and Bing Local were created specifically to connect local businesses with local consumers. Make sure your listings are complete and optimized so they come up higher in the search results.
- Educate, Inform, & Solve Problems – Many people scour the web for answers to their problems and concerns. As a result, many of them end up doing business with companies that have published great content that helped them out. Implement methods, such as blogging, to consistently publish this type of “lead-pulling” content.
- Enhance Your Site for Conversions – Getting traffic to your site is just the beginning. The icing on the cake is converting this traffic into new solid leads. Make sure your site is equipped to keep visitors longer, as well as motivate them to take action. Good content, videos, images, and strong calls-to-action all pay an important role in boosting conversions.
- Consider Paying for Leads – SEO takes time to get results and pay-per-click can be expensive for some markets. But working with a high-quality lead source can definitely help you connect with more qualified leads. This method is powerful in expanding your reach and seeing a rewarding ROI.
- Follow-Up with Your Leads – Whichever method you choose to generate new leads for your business, be sure to keep the lines of communication flowing with them so you can convert them into brand new paying customers. Otherwise, all of your efforts will simply be a waste of time and money.
Want to Learn More About Lead Generation tips for your business?
and we can customize a plan for you.