We have already expressed a number of times in previous posts how much we love WordPress as a website solution for ourselves as well as our clients. Today we wanted to just highlight 3 great plugins that emphasise why we love WordPress so much – the additional functionality you have available to you. They are all low-cost or no cost add-ons that improve your ability to get your marketing done and hat’s why we love them so much.
#1 – Co-Schedule
We just discovered this one, but it’s already on the 10 list of all plugins we use and recommend. Essentially, CoSchedule is a drag-and-drop editorial calendar for WordPress that puts your blog posts and social media messages on the same schedule. Now we love the fact that WordPress users can save time and grow traffic by scheduling blog posts and social media together on a unified drag-and-drop calendar. It’s the content marketing calendar that WordPress has always been missing. It’s not a free plugin, but it is only $10/month and integrates with WordPress, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Buffer, and even Google+ Pages.
- Drag-And-Drop Editorial Calendar
- Schedule Social Media While You Blog
- Save Time, Grow Traffic
- Easily Re-Schedule Old Blog Content
- Lightweight WordPress Plugin
- Automated Social Publishing
- Simple Team Communication
- All-In-One Publishing Solution
- No More WordPress Hacking
Take a look at their video as well:
#2 – Gravity Forms
We have been using Gravity Forms for years now, but it continues to be the #1 form tool for a number of reasons. It’s easy to implement (in fact you could have a form up and collecting data in under a minute if you really wanted to), it has a ton of pre-build form options, it allows conditional actions (meaning if they select a certain answer, follow up questions can appear), you can collect information and payments all in one form and it allows you connect your form with a variety of other services (like email marketing or CRM) with a simple addon.
This great and essential plugin starts at $39 and has a variety of addons for free and low cost. We love to use it to collect payments and use Stripe to accomplish that (see it in action here: https://getstrategix.com/catalyst-order-form-monthly).
#3 – Google Analyticator
The reason we added Google Analyticator to this list, is that it takes your Google Analytics data and breaks it down to the essential information needed to understand what is happening on your website and then adds it as a widget in the Admin panel of your WordPress site. No need to go and log into your Google Analytics account and dig through al the pages because you have all the important data as to what is happening on your site right at your fingertips.
For the budget conscious, here’s the great news – it is totally free (although they do have a pro version available as well – http://www.analyticatorpro.com/pro)
- Supports Universal (analytics.js) and traditional analytics (ga.js)
- Includes an admin dashboard widget that displays a graph of the last 30 days of visitors, a summary of site usage, the top pages, the top referrers, and the top searches
- Includes a widget that can be used to display visitor stat information on the front-end
- Supports outbound link tracking of all links on the page, including links not managed by WordPress
- Supports download link tracking
- Supports event tracking with outbound links / downloads instead of the old pageview tracking method
- Support site speed tracking
- Allows hiding of Administrator visits without affecting Google Analytics’ site overlay feature
There are a ton of other great plugins out there as well and we will review them in the future, but we hope you see how much these plugins can help you with your marketing and as a result increase your bottom line. Let us know your thoughts by adding a comment below.